Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Willis C White <wh...@us.ibm.com> on 2008/08/04 18:08:07 UTC

Re: Questions about feed-aggregator sample

Thank you for the explanation. Another question. - you said
The browser recognizes the feed types and is responsible for calling the
getFeed and getEntry on the binding collection interface

How does this work? All the browser sees is
"http://localhost:8083/atomAggregator", right ? How does the browser know
that it should call getfeed()? Why doesn't the browser call "get"? I
thought if you put a URL in -  the browser calls "get" on that resource.

 Sorry if this is off topic.

Willis C White III
IQ Technology Projects
IBM CIO Technology & Innovation
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Home office 845 331-5134
Cell 845 853-3827

Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>
07/22/2008 12:43 PM
Please respond to
user@tuscany.apache.org

user@tuscany.apache.org
cc

Subject

Willis C White wrote:
> I am trying to understand these lines in the FeedAggregator.composite
file

> <service name="rssSample" promote="RssAggregator">
>                 <tuscany:binding.atom
> uri="http://localhost:8083/rssAggregator"/>
>         </service>
>         <service name="atomSample" promote="AtomAggregator">
>                 <tuscany:binding.atom
> uri="http://localhost:8083/atomAggregator"/>
>         </service>
 >
 > These services are not declared in the component stanzas and I don?t
see
 > an ?@Remotable? in the AggregatorImpl.java.
 > 1.How do these lines get wired to the java file?
 > 2.What method to they call?
 > 3.How is it that they talk to code out side of the domain without a
 > ?@Remotable?  annotation.

Hi Willis,

I am not the most knowledgeable in this area, so I welcome follow-on,
more complete answers, but I believe the promote tag elevates the
following component elements to an public declared service.

The browser recognizes the feed types and is responsible for calling the
getFeed and getEntry on the binding collection interface, and this
performing the calls on the public service methods (implemented in
AggregatorImpl.java).

--
Thanks, Dan Becker