Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Francisco Castellon <ca...@home.com> on 2001/07/07 21:48:45 UTC

APACHE::ASP configuration II *please help*

Hello All:

I am really in big need of someone to help me configure my Apache server in order to allow for ASP's
I have tried quite a bit of things to get it working but it doesnt seem to work. I have tried this:

<Location /asp/>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::ASP
  PerlSetVar Global /tmp
 </Location>

this is what i got from the apache:asp site. But when i try to run an ASP page i get that message box asking me if i want to "save the file to disk" or "open it from it's current location". This is suppose tells me that apache isnt confugired properly to handle the *.asp extension. Is there ANYTHING at all that i have to do when using the above configuration? the part that says <location /asp/> Does that mean that i have to make a directory under /htdocs/ called "asp"? or do i have to make a directory somewhere else called "asp"?

I have also tried this configuration after the last one didnt work.

# The following is for Apache::ASP
<Files ~ (\.asp)>
    Sethandler perl-script
    Perlhandler Apache::ASP
#    PerlSetVar NoState 1
</Files>

But this one when i try to go to an asp document i get an ERROR 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR. so what am i doing wrong in this one? is there anything at all that i have to do in the httpd.conf file? even if you think is something so small and obvious please mention it, i tend to miss those things.

I checked my error.log file and this is what it says the error is:

[Sat Jul 07 13:33:54 2001] [error] Undefined subroutine &Apache::ASP::handler called.

Apache server shutdown initiated...
[Sat Jul 07 13:39:08 2001] [error] Can't locate MLDBM.pm in @INC (@INC contains: D:/Perl/lib D:/Perl/site/lib . d:/program files/apache group/apache/ d:/program files/apache group/apache/lib/perl) at D:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/ASP.pm line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/ASP.pm line 9.

[Sat Jul 07 13:39:08 2001] [error] Undefined subroutine &Apache::ASP::handler called.

Does anyone know what that means?

Please if you can help i would be forever greatful!!!!!!

I am running on, apache 1.3.20, mod_perl 1.25, php 4.0.6, and Windows 98SE.

Thanx in advance