Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ben McCann <be...@benmccann.com> on 2015/02/04 19:48:59 UTC

Re: [bcel] PLSE changes to BCEL

BCEL-79 has not been reopened yet

The new issues have been filed as BCEL-187
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BCEL-187> through BCEL-193
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BCEL-193>.

Are any of these blocking the 6.0 release or do you think we might be able
to cut that now?

Thanks,
Ben

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 27/01/2015 05:36, Mark Roberts a écrit :
>
> > To repeat - constructing the local variables from the local variable
> types
> > is totally bogus.   I have no idea how that fixed the original problem
> but
> > it is clearly incorrect.
>
> Ok, could you reopen BCEL-79 and copy your comment in JIRA please? Would
> you be able to craft a test case demonstrating the issue?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

about.me/benmccann

Re: [bcel] PLSE changes to BCEL

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 04/02/2015 20:57, Mark Roberts a écrit :
> I would like to reopen BCEL-79, but I'm new to JIRA and I can't figure out how to do it.    Reopen does not appear to be one of the choices on the drop down tools menu.  Could someone let me know how to do this?

I reopened it, you can go ahead.

Emmanuel Bourg

RE: [bcel] PLSE changes to BCEL

Posted by Mark Roberts <ma...@cs.washington.edu>.
I would like to reopen BCEL-79, but I'm new to JIRA and I can't figure out how to do it.    Reopen does not appear to be one of the choices on the drop down tools menu.  Could someone let me know how to do this?

Thank you,
Mark Roberts

Are any of these blocking the 6.0 release or do you think we might be able to cut that now?

Thanks,
Ben

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 27/01/2015 05:36, Mark Roberts a écrit :
>
> > To repeat - constructing the local variables from the local variable
> types
> > is totally bogus.   I have no idea how that fixed the original problem
> but
> > it is clearly incorrect.
>
> Ok, could you reopen BCEL-79 and copy your comment in JIRA please?
> Would you be able to craft a test case demonstrating the issue?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

about.me/benmccann

RE: [bcel] PLSE changes to BCEL

Posted by Mark Roberts <ma...@cs.washington.edu>.
Thank you for setting these up for me!  I am going to attach my diffs today.

I would really like to see this material in 6.0.  Most all of the changes are bug fixes or feature enhancements (in the case of StackMap support).  They all, in my opinion, make BCEL a better product.   And on a personal note, given that this is the first update in forever (nine years?) - if we don't merge now, how much longer will I continue to be out of sync with the mainline?

Thank you,
Mark

Are any of these blocking the 6.0 release or do you think we might be able to cut that now?

Thanks,
Ben

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 27/01/2015 05:36, Mark Roberts a écrit :
>
> > To repeat - constructing the local variables from the local variable
> types
> > is totally bogus.   I have no idea how that fixed the original problem
> but
> > it is clearly incorrect.
>
> Ok, could you reopen BCEL-79 and copy your comment in JIRA please?
> Would you be able to craft a test case demonstrating the issue?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

about.me/benmccann

RE: [bcel] PLSE changes to BCEL

Posted by Mark Roberts <ma...@cs.washington.edu>.
Sorry - I clearly misunderstood Ben's email about issues 187-193 (the reference to issue 79 made me think the mail was specific to me).

However, my comments about 6.0 are still valid and I will open new issues for my work immediately.

Thank you, Mark

Are any of these blocking the 6.0 release or do you think we might be able to cut that now?

Thanks,
Ben

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 27/01/2015 05:36, Mark Roberts a écrit :
>
> > To repeat - constructing the local variables from the local variable
> types
> > is totally bogus.   I have no idea how that fixed the original problem
> but
> > it is clearly incorrect.
>
> Ok, could you reopen BCEL-79 and copy your comment in JIRA please?
> Would you be able to craft a test case demonstrating the issue?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

about.me/benmccann