Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Lisen Mu <im...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 18:02:48 UTC

timeline for java-exec

Hi,

If I understood you correctly on the hangout, there are several things
going on:

* Jacques on in-mem data structure first
* David on HBase SE first, joins specially
* Tim on supersonic
* Lisen on MySQL SE
( And? )

Is there a approximate timeline about roughly what would happen at when?
Because I'm still a little confused about how to implement a MySQLSE for
the new StorageEngine interface.

Can someone(Jacques maybe?) provide a simplest test case like
simple_join.json in exec/ref to illustrate basic dataflow of java-exec? At
least for local query part. Or is someone already on this?

Thanks,

Lisen

Re: timeline for java-exec

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

> * David on HBase SE first, joins specially

I think David is going to help out with service managment and user2bit rpc
to start to get a working demo together.

Can someone(Jacques maybe?) provide a simplest test case like
> simple_join.json in exec/ref to illustrate basic dataflow of java-exec? At
> least for local query part. Or is someone already on this?

This is part of my current effort towards getting the first distributed
query to run.

Thanks,
Jacques