Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mike Craig <Mi...@freeclear.com> on 2006/04/05 18:31:22 UTC

Good method of Diffing to branches?

Does anyone have a good grasp on how to diff 2 branches?

Here is what I'm trying to accomplish:

1.	We utilize a late branching method. Ie. Branch on major
milestones, develop on trunk
2.	I would like to take a diff between a branched milestone and
trunk to see what has been changed since the milestone

I know there must be a method to do this, but can't figure it out. All
of the diff's I've tried only return a partial list of file the I know
have been modified and/or added/deleted.

Thanks.

Mike

Re: Good method of Diffing to branches?

Posted by Alex <xl...@gmail.com>.
> 2. I would like to take a diff between a branched milestone and trunk to
> see what has been changed since the milestone

Create a "milestone tag" at the same time when you create the milestone
branch. Then just diff the milestone tag
with the trunk and you should see what's been changed since then.

Re: Good method of Diffing to branches?

Posted by Joost Waversveld <jo...@waversveld.nl>.
You have to make an diff between the revision of the branch and the
revision in which you created the branch.... Then you've got the
information you want.

----- Message from Mike.Craig@freeclear.com ---------
    Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:31:22 -0700
    From: Mike Craig <Mi...@freeclear.com>