Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> on 2023/04/12 15:10:31 UTC

Re: Using crave on builds.apche.org for speed

Hey David,

I think enabling this has caused one integration test to start failing:

"Affinity placement plugin using ENV" in the test_placement_plugin.bats file.
(It's incorrectly named, but that's another issue).

It's been failing consistently since April 6, and does not reproduce
locally.

- Houston

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention; I haven't run bats before.

There are two tests in that test file: the sysprop one was failing and the
ENV one was passing.  But this is actually misleading because the affinity
plugin choice is only used in the sysprop one and it was this which caused
the failure, which I was able to prove by temporarily changing the ENV one
to also use affinity and it failed.  So the Affinity plugin probably
calculates something based on computer / environmental factors differently
on Crave's build machine versus some other environments.  Hmmmm.  There is
a unit test for the plugin but it passes everywhere.

Separately from this matter, there were some issues with reconfiguring the
job to use Crave.  The Jenkins jobs want various files like unit test
output so that reports can be generated.  Crave can pull back this stuff
but I had to figure out how to run this separate command even if the tests
failed. I hopefully just fixed that but it's an iterative process to see.