Posted to submarine-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org> on 2019/10/01 07:05:23 UTC

Re: Daily Builds Getting Aborted Due To Timeout

Thanks Ayush,

I think possible other ways are improving the test runtime.

1. try "parallel-tests" profile if applicable on all modules whichever is
okay with tests running in parallel. This may reduce the total unit tests
runtime drastically. ex: I can see hadoop-hdfs-rbf takes around ~22 min.
Here parallel-tests can be implemented (Also need to run and verify that
all tests are using local filesystem path which doesnot collide with other
tests running in parallel.

2. Right now all modules of HDDS and OZone also running as part of
https://builds.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86/
<https://builds.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86/1271/>, But
I can also see there was a QBT Job created for Ozone alone. Can we make
that work and exclude HDDS and OZone related executions from
https://builds.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86/1271/ ?
      In above aborted builds, it was running unit tests in HDDS/Ozone
module. That means all other modules have finished.

3. If above options are not possible or not resulting in any improvements
then we can definitely go for timeout increase.

-Vinay