Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Arnaud Gaillard <ar...@xtendsys.net> on 2012/11/09 14:56:11 UTC

How to create VM in a specific cluster

Hello,

Just a quick question (Cloudstack 3.0.2), what is the best way to create a
VM in a specific cluster inside of a pod? For licensing reason we have to
attach VM to a subset of servers that we grouped in a specific cluster, but
currently we don't find a method to deploy a VM on this cluster (we tried
host tag, but it doesn't seems to be taken into account).

What would be the best way to procede?

Thanks!

RE: How to create VM in a specific cluster

Posted by Tom Bean <to...@changingworkplace.com>.
You need to make sure that host and storage tag are setup on:

 - The template
 - The Host groups
 - The primary storage.
 - The service offering.

When I have all these set it works fine for me.

Tom Bean
Infrastructure & Support Analyst

The Changing Workplace

Phone: +44 (0)1444 44 1000 ext 316
Fax: +44 (0)1444 44 0944
Email: tom.bean@changingworkplace.com
Address: 1 Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1BY, United Kingdom
Website: changingworkplace.com

Changing the world we work in by providing best-in-class software services
to the Corporate Real Estate sector

Just a quick question (Cloudstack 3.0.2), what is the best way to create a
VM in a specific cluster inside of a pod? For licensing reason we have to
attach VM to a subset of servers that we grouped in a specific cluster, but
currently we don't find a method to deploy a VM on this cluster (we tried
host tag, but it doesn't seems to be taken into account).

What would be the best way to procede?

Thanks!

Important Information

This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential and/or privileged and are intended solely for the named recipient/s. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this email. You should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

The Changing Workplace cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this e-mail as it has been transmitted over a public network and Internet communications are not secure.

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where specifically stated to be the view of The Changing Workplace. All statements made in this e-mail are subject to contract. The contents are not to be regarded as a contractual offer or acceptance. The sender is not authorised to bind The Changing Workplace contractually.

The Changing Workplace cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or compatible with your systems and does not accept any liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.

The Changing Workplace is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 3614433 whose registered office is at 1 Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1BY, United Kingdom.

Re: How to create VM in a specific cluster

Posted by Arnaud Gaillard <ar...@xtendsys.net>.
Thank you all!

We find the solution with the tag on storage, on the system and on the
offering.

The problem we have now is that untagged system get created on this
cluster... does it mean that we have to tag everything?

AG

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Arnaud,

Use the tags feature in the cloudstack. It will help to place the VM in the desired location , host.

Create the host tag where you want to be running, while deploying the VM provide the host tag and CS will deploy the instance on the host with the tag specified.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala