Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu> on 2009/06/24 21:38:29 UTC

Axis WS on mobile devices

Hi all,

    I asked this question before (twice) but I didn't get a single
response, interestingly enough.
I am assuming by now that there is no mobile version of Axis/Axis2 and
all the stories I hear
about people getting Web services to work on mobiles is a fiction ...
    Has anyone managed to run Web Services (servers primarily) on mobile
devices (either
CDC, CLDC, scripting, Web Runtime etc.)? I will appreciate any feedback
on something
like this.

Thanks very much

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Dennis,

    finally a good response - I appreciate it.

    I concur with you on the J2ME compatibility issues, in fact I did
experience that first hand in
my current implementations. I am looking into JiBX now, I knew a few
things about it but not
at the level that I can comfortably say that this could be a good
solution for what I am after.
But from what you are saying below, this is a very promising direction
and it would be good
to give it a shot. This is open-source code right?

Thanks

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
One more note - I was able to get Axis 1.4 to run on a CDC device using
Jalimo and
Knopflerfish OSGi as the container but as expected it is fairly slow ...
So yes, such
options are out of the question.

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
I was expecting so - thanks Dennis - so my best bet to "emulate" Axis
engines (server/client
behavior) on mobile devices is not kSOAPx ;)

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Demetris,

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Dennis,

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Thanks Dennis - I will give them a shot and see what I can use from
them. I appreciate all the help so far.

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Demetris,