Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Matthew Hsu <ma...@simba.com> on 2015/05/15 00:18:09 UTC

Drill Client - Getting a Query State

Hello Everyone,

I was following this issue a while back and noticed that it was resolved now: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-2384

The client has undergone a few changes since then with the QueryData implementation. Looking at the Drill Client, I do not see a way in which I can get the query state. I did notice a new function that referenced QueryState:

@Override
public void queryCompleted(QueryState state)
{
future.set(results);
}

I'm a little bit confused as to what this function is accomplishing and I was wondering if there was a way in which I would be able to get the QueryState for a query being executed? Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew Hsu
Computer Scientist | Simba Technologies Inc.
+1.604.633.0008 | matthewh@simba.com<ma...@simba.com>

938 West 8th Avenue | Vancouver, BC | Canada | V5Z 1E5
The Big Data Connectivity Experts | www.simba.com<http://www.simba.com/>

[Description: Description: Description: Description: twitter]<http://twitter.com/#!/simbatech>  [Description: Description: Description: Description: youtube] <http://www.youtube.com/user/SimbaTechnologies>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/simba-technologies>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simba-Technologies-Inc/163133087033256>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: google-plus] <https://plus.google.com/116908198145591559055/posts>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: typepad] <http://blogs.simba.com/>

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.

Re: Drill Client - Getting a Query State

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
You can pass a UserResultsListener to DrillClient.runQuery(). The listener
has 2 methods that you can use to check the status after the query
completes:

if the query fails, submissionFailed(UseException ex) will be called, ex
will contain the error message

if the query completes or is cancelled, queryCompleted(QueryState state)
will be called, state will contain the final status of the query.

I am not aware of a way to get the query state before the query completes.

Thanks!

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Matthew Hsu <ma...@simba.com> wrote:

> Hello Abdel,
>
> Yes, I am looking for the query state for both cases (when the query is
> being executed and after query completion).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthew Hsu
> Computer Scientist | Simba Technologies Inc.
> +1.604.633.0008 | matthewh@simba.com
>
> 938 West 8th Avenue | Vancouver, BC | Canada | V5Z 1E5
> The Big Data Connectivity Experts | www.simba.com

> may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
> all copies of the original message.  Thank you.

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

RE: Drill Client - Getting a Query State

Now Available - Free Hadoop On-Demand Training <http://www.mapr.com/training?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=Free%20available>

Re: Drill Client - Getting a Query State

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Hello Matthew,