Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Bernd Rücker (camunda)" <be...@camunda.com> on 2006/03/07 12:37:31 UTC

"session has been closed" while using JCR-RMI

Hi List,

After a few days playing around with jack-rabbit I mastered it and get it to
run as a JBoss-Service :-)

But now I have a problem with JCR-RMI. We have a Java Swing-Client with a
TableModel which renders the JCR-Nodes.

Now I have tried the naive solution and use the rootNode in the TableModel
directly. But then I get a

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: this session has been closed
 	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerObject.getRepositoryException(ServerO
bject.java:136)

>From the server when the TableModel accesses the rootNode.

Why gets the session closed on the server and how to get around this?

The alternative to implement a TableModel with own Objects which holds the
path and query a new session every time is much more complicated, so I would
prefer the easy one...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Bernd
camunda GmbH - The Business Process Company
Mühlwehrstraße 43 - 97980 Bad Mergentheim
www.camunda.com - info@camunda.com
Bernd Rücker
Geschäftsführer
Telefon +49 7931 99190-112