Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Eric Jacobson <EJ...@IVW.com> on 2000/08/21 18:54:54 UTC

RE: java.lang.NullPointerException creating org.apache.xerces.par sers.SAXParser

Here is the call stack when the exception is thrown.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.xerces.utils.SymbolCache.addSymbolToCache(SymbolCache.java:176)
at org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool.addSymbol(StringPool.java:394)
at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.init(XMLValidator.java:1358
)
at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.<init>(XMLValidator.java:30
0)
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.<init>(XMLParser.java:202)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(SAXParser.java:164)
at
org.ivw.odp.ODPDocumentHandlerIBM.test(org/ivw/odp/ODPDocumentHandlerIBM:638
)

Looks like an issue with the SymbolCache logic?  This is difficult to debug
since it is being run inside Oracle 8i.
Any help would be great, thanks.