Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/09/09 13:31:53 UTC

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Apache Training (Incubating) Tools 1.0.0 RC1

As I think this is a serious issue, I addressed it and will wip up an RC2 right away for you to vote on :-)

Chris

Am 09.09.20, 14:13 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    -1 (binding) Chris

    Unfortunately the generated archetype doesn't reference the released version, but the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT ... this is actually quite unfortunate as it would complicate things for our users.
    It should reference the release version of the current module.

    [OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email into a directory we’ll now call download-dir.
    [OK] Verify the signature is correct and references an Apache Email address
    [OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes:
    [OK] Unzip the archive:
    [OK] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files in the extracted source bundle.
    [MINOR] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files in the extracted source bundle.
    [MINOR] Run RAT externally to ensure there are no surprises.
    [CRITICAL] Search for SNAPSHOT references
    [OK] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make sure these files containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file.
    [OK] Build the project according to the Maven defaults

    Remarks:
    - The NOTICE file references 2019 and not 2020
    - The Dockerfile doesn't have an Apache Header
    - It seems the release didn't update the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in the archetype so it would generate new presentations that reference the old SNAPSHOT instead the current release.

    Chris

    Am 09.09.20, 13:01 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

        Apache Training (Incubating) Tools 1.0.0 RC1 has been staged under [2]
        and it’s time to vote on accepting it for release.

        All Maven artifacts are available under [1]. Voting will be open for 72hr.

        A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
        are required to pass.

        Repository: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-training.git
        Release tag: releases/tools/1.0.0
        Hash for the release tag: 2216434024e5263c1cdb714d81f3da16869137ab

        Per [3] "Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download
        the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
        the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
        verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
        on releases."

        You can achieve the above by following [4].

        [ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM items in [4])
        [ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

        [1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetraining-1000
        [2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/training/tools/1.0.0/rc1/
        [3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release/validation.html#approving-a-release