Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2006/10/17 06:35:44 UTC

How to update the website of openpgp ?

Hi,

I have just created an ant task to PGP sign artefacts using the code
developed by Brett Porter and Stefan Bodewig.

What is the procedure to update the web site
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/openpgp/ ? I have created a
.apt file to document the new ant task, and I know how to run mvn site
on my computer.

Do you make a tar file of the generated site, then unpack it on
people.apache.org ? or is there another procedure ?

Regards,

Antoine

PS : I am quite happy to have become a Jakarta committer. As promised,
most of my activity here will go to slide and vfs, but I needed this bit
of code to speed up the releases of ... ant.
I will be quite interested to know also how to write and document the
corresponding mojo for the competition ... Any pointers ? What would be
a bit similar and could be "cloned" ?

Re: How to update the website of openpgp ?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 17/10/2006, at 2:35 PM, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Do you make a tar file of the generated site, then unpack it on
> people.apache.org ? or is there another procedure ?

It should be mvn site-deploy

> I will be quite interested to know also how to write and document the
> corresponding mojo for the competition ... Any pointers ? What
> would be
> a bit similar and could be "cloned" ?

At a high level - they are very similar - use fields for
configuration items like you would fields for task attributes.
Annotate them, particularly if they are wired to Maven built in
expressions / POM elements instead of using properties. Then extend
the AbstractMojo class (or implement the Mojo interface).

- Brett