Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/21 02:28:27 UTC

missing (not needed) resources stopping build

I'm having a lot of issues with refereced POMs requiring libraries that are
not in the repository...
In this case I'm fairly sure I *don't* need the library requested but I can
get past the requirement for it.

Is there an easy way short of finding, downloading and installing the
dependency that I can tell m2 not to bother me and allow the build to
continue?

- Brill Pappin

Re: missing (not needed) resources stopping build

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com>.
In this case is was Hibernate 3.0.5 looking for the Sun's jacc library...
AFAIK it's not really needed to use Hibernate (never included it in
dependencies before now, but I could be mistaken).

I did eventually find it to download at http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaacc/
Maybe the POM for dependencies like the Sun jars can print out the POM
including it and the last known download location on the standard out
(without extra switches)... it would help finding them for the average Joe
trying to build a project.

- Brill Pappin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.