Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Arturo Garcia <ar...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/30 17:48:54 UTC

Connecting to Tomcat

Hi all.

This is my first mail to the list.

The problem I have is to know whether it is possible to connect to a
running Tomcat Server from an external application to obtain running
information about hosts, contexts and so on.

Can some one tell me "how-to"?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Connecting to Tomcat

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Arturo Garcia wrote:

> The problem I have is to know whether it is possible to connect to a
> running Tomcat Server from an external application to obtain running
> information about hosts, contexts and so on.
>
> Can some one tell me "how-to"?

Although you missed the list, because those kind of questions are for
users list, the quick answer is: "JMX is your friend".

Please use users list to further discuss the subject, because developer
list is meant to be used for *development* related subjects.

Regards,
Mladen.