Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/06 15:43:12 UTC

Merge PRs via GitHub web UI

Hi Igniters,

I find merging PRs using GitHub web UI quite handy. AFAIK it is
possible to merge AI PR in this way. But I heard some rumors that
there were some problems with squashing such merges leading to commits
with multiple parents in master

From recent there is one commit [1] but I am not sure that GitHub
merge caused it.

So, my general question is as follows. Should we merge PRs via GitHub
web UI or should we avoid it?

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/commit/22652aa9883cfa3fd020658bcb230cea9ea6e4d4

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Merge PRs via GitHub web UI

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I always use scripts/apply-pull-request.sh

The only downside that it will fail unrecoverably if there are any
conflicts.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Dmitriy,

Yes, I agree that it is a totally great feature! But I would like to
be sure that it does no harm.

BTW, I use a copy of git repo on my machine to deal with merges
without touching my working tree.

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Ivan, Igniters,

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.