Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "ODELL, TODD E (SWBT)" <to...@sbc.com> on 2003/03/25 19:39:35 UTC

Mod_perl 1.99_09dev on AIX4.3.3

On Mar 24 Stas Bekman Wrote:
>I've applied some fixes for mod_perl to build on aix.
>I could only test with aix 5.1 on powerpc. Please test that things work on
>other configurations.

I got 1.99_09dev working on AIX4.3.3/apache 2.0.44 on powerpc_power3. I had
trouble with make test, but I'm reviewing the recent messages on that.
I decided to see what it would do after make install and it does seem to
work. It's shows Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_09-dev Perl/v5.6.1
PHP/4.3.1.

Thanks!

Todd E. O'Dell
Network Services - TSS Staff
Room 1118
500 E. 8th
Kansas City, MO 64106
Office: (816)275-3626
Alpha Page: 8162125424@archwireless.net
to2958@sbc.com

Re: Mod_perl 1.99_09dev on AIX4.3.3

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
ODELL, TODD E (SWBT) wrote:
> On Mar 24 Stas Bekman Wrote:
>
>>I've applied some fixes for mod_perl to build on aix.
>>I could only test with aix 5.1 on powerpc. Please test that things work on
>>other configurations.
>

> I got 1.99_09dev working on AIX4.3.3/apache 2.0.44 on powerpc_power3. I had
> trouble with make test, but I'm reviewing the recent messages on that.
> I decided to see what it would do after make install and it does seem to
> work. It's shows Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_09-dev Perl/v5.6.1
> PHP/4.3.1.

Fantastic! What compiler/loader were you using? on the machine I was testing
it was cc_r and ld. What's the output of:

% perl -V:ld -V:cc

If you provide more details on the 'make test' problems we will try to solve
these as well.