Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by INsanityDesign <zi...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/05 19:14:55 UTC

CXF, JMS and HornetQ

Hi

I got a question and CXF is only a part of it, but I want to request some
feedback from you and everyone who reads this, if I am missing something.

I want to use the JMS Transport ability of CXF for restful services. From
the documentation and setup I got everything as far as I wanted and it works
ok.

Now, most examples play out with ActiveMQ and they play out well. I have and
want to use HornetQ because of the according setup that we have. So I
adapted everything to the HornetQ JMS configuration, and after some (more or
less frustrating ^^') back and forth, it worked out, too.

Now, I wanted to test this, so to check if the connection works, message is
transported and triggers the service. But there I ran into problems. I have
normal Sessions and Messages, specially from HornetQ from the context of
course.
Now, I wanted to post a created message with the information I gathered from
examples and the according content. I set the parameters of the Message,
based on the constant fields from org.apache.cxf.message.Message and submit
the message. But I cannot as the HornetQ Message has a check of validity,
that prohibits dots in the String parameter keys. That makes it very
complicated now, because pretty much everything has these ^^'

Is there a way you know to circumvent this? Use different, custom parameters
that are also then hooked to CXF on server side? I will also check with
HornetQ what I can do, but I got a little frustrated today, because it
worked so well actually and I am very intrigued by the feature, until I fell
over this tripping stone.

Any help is highly appreciated. If you need more info, let me now.

Thanks a lot, Best

RE: CXF, JMS and HornetQ

Posted by INsanityDesign <zi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I somehow guessed that already and started in that direction.

I am still waiting for feedback from the HQ side. But thanks for the
"confirmation" of my concerns ^^

Thanks, Best

RE: CXF, JMS and HornetQ

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

To be honest I do not see easy solution in CXF for it.
Could you ask HornetQ forums for fix or workaround?

Ad hoc workaround from CXF side is to subclass JMSConduit and JMSDestination and post-process all setting properties (see JMSUtils.buildJMSMessageFromCXFMessage() and JMSUtils.populateIncomingContext()).

Regards,
Andrei.