Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Chris Harrell <Ch...@skillsnet.com> on 2011/04/12 23:39:06 UTC

Unable to build SVN snapshot

I've been using Tika 0.9 for about a week and absolutely love it.  One
issue I noticed was that Tika ignored column division when parsing text
from a PDF which was hampering my project.  After a quick search I
noticed that there was a commit to fix this.  Anyhow, I got the source
downloaded and ran 'mvn -e clean install' and got the following.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  There is more than what I
pasted below but it all essentially is complaining about a missing xml
file in a very odd location.  Who knows, I may be missing more!  I
simply checked out the SVN to my machine.

[INFO] [bundle:bundle]

[INFO] [install:install]

[INFO] Installing
/home/<removed>/tika/tika_svn/tika-core/target/tika-core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.ja
r to
/home/administrator/.m2/repository/org/apache/tika/tika-core/1.0-SNAPSHO
T/tika-core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

[INFO] [bundle:install]

[INFO] Installing
org/apache/tika/tika-core/1.0-SNAPSHOT/tika-core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

[INFO] Writing OBR metadata

[INFO]

[INFO] Building Apache Tika parsers

[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]

[INFO]

[INFO] [clean:clean]

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Unable to read local copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata from
'/home/<removed>/.m2/repository/org/apache/tika/tika-core/1.0-SNAPSHOT/m
aven-metadata-apache.snapshots.xml': expected START_TAG or END_TAG not
TEXT (position: TEXT seen ...<extension>jar</... @14:25)

  org.apache.tika:tika-core:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Path to dependency:

        1) org.apache.tika:tika-parsers:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT

        2) org.apache.tika:tika-core:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

RE: Unable to build SVN snapshot

Posted by Chris Harrell <Ch...@skillsnet.com>.
The issue resolved by deleting the <snapshotVersions> block from the
specified XML file.