Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2009/04/19 21:42:00 UTC

[tapestry-hibernate] ignoring certain fields to be O/R mapped

Hi,

tapestry-hibernate integration is really great.

But one thing which wonders me is that all the fields of my
domain-object are implicitly taken as persisted fields/columns (maybe
this is a tapestry-hibernate feature?). I would like to have control of
that and want to only have explictly marked @Column fields included to
hibernate mapping, the rest should be ignored. As an alternative maybe
there is also a blacklist annotation?

thanks.

--
 manuel aldana
 aldana@gmx.de

Re: [tapestry-hibernate] ignoring certain fields to be O/R mapped

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
This is a Hibernate issue, not Tapestry. Use the @Transient annotation.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 9:42 PM, manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> tapestry-hibernate integration is really great.
>
> But one thing which wonders me is that all the fields of my domain-object
> are implicitly taken as persisted fields/columns (maybe this is a
> tapestry-hibernate feature?). I would like to have control of that and want
> to only have explictly marked @Column fields included to hibernate mapping,
> the rest should be ignored. As an alternative maybe there is also a
> blacklist annotation?
>
> thanks.
>
> --
> manuel aldana
> aldana@gmx.de
> software-engineering blog: http://www.aldana-online.de

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: [tapestry-hibernate] ignoring certain fields to be O/R mapped

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:42:00 -0300, manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> escreveu:

> Hi,

Hi!

> tapestry-hibernate integration is really great.
>
> But one thing which wonders me is that all the fields of my
> domain-object are implicitly taken as persisted fields/columns (maybe
> this is a tapestry-hibernate feature?). I would like to have control of
> that and want to only have explictly marked @Column fields included to
> hibernate mapping, the rest should be ignored. As an alternative maybe
> there is also a blacklist annotation?

This is an exclusively JPA/Hibernate issue. All properties/fields
(depending on which one you put the @Id annotation) are persisted in the
database. You just cannot do what you want because the JPA specification
(that Hibernate follows) defines this. Mark transient (not stored in a
database) properties with the @Transient annotation.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago