Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/07/15 17:07:03 UTC

Why?

I am seeing a few JIRA cases which are basically just check-in comments. They are created just before the commit, they explain what was done in the commit, do not explain why, do not link to any previous or future work.

An example of this is EAGLE-378. It arrives a couple of days after I had a conversation with Michael [1] about cleaning up included jars, yet it seems to be doing exactly the opposite.

Is the Eagle project operating commit-then-review or review-then-commit? It seems to be operating commit-then-review, but if so, there’s not enough information in the public record for people to review what is happening.

As my math teacher used to say: don’t just write down the answer, you need to show your working!

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EAGLE-378 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EAGLE-378>

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EAGLE-377 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EAGLE-377>

Re: Why?

Posted by Michael Wu <mc...@gmail.com>.
Sure, Julian, I'll take notice of your reminding. Thank you very much!

Michael

Re: Why?

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: Why?