Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by ConDev <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/21 02:20:20 UTC

Problem connecting to the broker using java clients host name

Hi All,
 I am using activemq 5.2 & 5.3.1. When my java client tries to connect to
the broker using tcp, I get the following error message on windows XP.

 Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
                at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
                at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
                at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
                at
java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.connect(TcpTransport.java:435)
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doStart(TcpTransport.java:401)
                at
org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:53)
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.start(WireFormatNegotiator.java:72)
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
                at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:260)

 If I use the local host name in the broker url as lower case name then the
client connects to the broker but when I use the local host name as upper
case
the connection fails. Is the local host name in the connection URL case
sensitive ? Or am I overlooking something very basic ?
Can anybody help me with this please ?

Thanks