Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2018/11/17 21:10:12 UTC

Re: Project Juneau

Hi Marcelo,

I would ask the dev list for suggestions.

I see you have Spring Boot experience.  I'm currently in the process of
updating the juneau-examples-rest app to be deployable as a Spring Boot
application in Heroku.  The general idea is to show how Spring Boot and
Juneau can be used together.  I'm new to Spring Boot so I could use some
advice/feedback.  I'll be uploading some documentation in the next day or
two.

I also uploaded a development wish list for anyone who wants to contribute
ideas or code:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JUNEAU/Development+wish+list

Re: Project Juneau

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Marcelo (and all),

I've added a new juneau-examples-rest-springboot project with a bare-bones
Spring Boot integration.  If you're using eclipse, it can be launched using
juneau-examples-rest-springboot.launch.  It runs on port 5000.

I initially tried adding Spring Boot support to juneau-examples-rest but it
was messing up the shaded jar by introducing a bunch of dependencies for
Spring.  So instead, juneau-examples-rest-springboot extends from
juneau-examples-rest, and juneau-examples-rest is the same as before.

juneau-examples-rest build will produce a juneau-examples-rest.bin.zip that
can be loaded as an Eclipse project as a normal Juneau/Jetty-based
microservice.

juneau-examples-rest-springboot build will produce a
juneau-examples-rest-springboot.bin.zip that can be loaded as an Eclipse
project as a Spring-Boot-based microservice.  It uses an implementation of
a RestResourceResolver that uses the Spring app context to find child
resources.  This allows for child resources to be implemented as injectable
Spring beans.  It should behave identically to juneau-examples-rest except
without the console support.

I only got this working a couple of minutes ago, so no guarantees :-)

Also, no documentation yet.  And caveat....I'm by no means a Spring expert,
so buyer beware.

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 12:01 PM Marcelo Souza Vieira <

Re: Project Juneau

Posted by Marcelo Souza Vieira <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi James.

Re: Project Juneau

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Marcelo,

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 4:23 PM Marcelo Souza Vieira <be...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nice.
>
> I want to read the documentation on how to become a contributor.
>
> You have to sign a document right? I've always wanted to help with apache
> projects, now that I'm done.
>
> I'll give you a deal there to help me. I work at a time with Sprint boot.
> I think I can help with some things if I need to. you can count on me.
>
> on the dev list, I already wrote myself on the list.
>
> Marcelo
>
> Em sáb, 17 de nov de 2018 19:10, James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org
> escreveu:
>
>> Hi Marcelo,
>>
>> I would ask the dev list for suggestions.
>>
>> I see you have Spring Boot experience.  I'm currently in the process of
>> updating the juneau-examples-rest app to be deployable as a Spring Boot
>> application in Heroku.  The general idea is to show how Spring Boot and
>> Juneau can be used together.  I'm new to Spring Boot so I could use some
>> advice/feedback.  I'll be uploading some documentation in the next day or
>> two.
>>
>> I also uploaded a development wish list for anyone who wants to
>> contribute ideas or code:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JUNEAU/Development+wish+list
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 6:22 AM Marcelo Souza Vieira <
>> marcelosouzav@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi James.
>>>
>>> My name is Marcelo.
>>> I am from Brazil and I fiended the project Juneau and for me is very
>>> good.
>>>
>>> I would like it contribute and I would know If have more issues to
>>> developed?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Marcelo