Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Cris Rockwell <cm...@umich.edu> on 2020/10/16 16:24:17 UTC

How to 'spin a release'

Regarding

Konrad Windszus commented on SLING-9648:
Someone would need to spin a release. [~cris_rockwell] Do you want to give it a try?

Sure! Haven't released to Maven Central before, so I would like to try. I found a release management doc <https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html>  on the Sling website. But as of now, my keys is not included in the linked sling.asc file

So I'm reviewing these docs.
https://infra.apache.org/new-committers-guide.html
https://infra.apache.org/release-signing.html

If has anyone has suggestions or resources that will help me with setup, then hit rely or find me on ASF #Sling

Thanks
Cris

Re: How to 'spin a release'

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
Indeed step 4 can only be done by a PMC. Also your other suggestions seem reasonable.
Can you come up with a PR to clarify the steps in https://github.com/apache/sling-site/blob/master/src/main/jbake/content/documentation/development/release-management.md <https://github.com/apache/sling-site/blob/master/src/main/jbake/content/documentation/development/release-management.md>?

Thanks,
Konrad

Re: How to 'spin a release'

Posted by Cris Rockwell <cm...@umich.edu>.