Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harsimranjit singh Kler <si...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/24 08:08:35 UTC

Session Expiry Issue on Tomcat 5.5.27

 Hi All

In our application we are trying to manage session per user login and have
set the session inactivity to 15 minutes [user details are set to the
session], when we are running the application for longer duration [over 2
days] with continuous activity per user login we see that some session are
expired even if there is some activity going on and the user gets logged
out. We are deploying our application on tomcat 5.5.27.

Regards
Harsimran

Re: Session Expiry Issue on Tomcat 5.5.27

Posted by Harsimranjit singh Kler <si...@gmail.com>.
hi

Using   Session.setMaxInactiveInterval() so expecting it overwrite web.xml
's expirytime.

>keep-alive parameter for the connector

Where to set this value can u explain?

thanks

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
2 things to look at:

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Harsimranjit singh Kler [mailto:simran4u2@gmail.com]
> Subject: Session Expiry Issue on Tomcat 5.5.27

> we see that some session are expired even if there is some
> activity going on and the user gets logged out.

Are you sure the session is expiring, or is it perhaps being explicitly invalidated?

You might want to configure an HttpSessionListener for the webapp, and have it log session information and the current stack trace when its sessionDestroyed() method is invoked.

 - Chuck