Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ullas Kapadia <ul...@sdsc.edu> on 2002/12/31 03:37:43 UTC

[wsif]-help please!

Hi,

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

I am new to WSIF and am trying to play with different types of
parameters say:

1. XML document
2. attachments. btw, so we have something like SAAJ for WSIF?

Any suggesstions?Also, how can I handle complex types?

Thanks
Joy

Re: [wsif]-help please!

Posted by Nirmal Mukhi <nm...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi,

WSIF does have support for mime attachments when specified in a SOAP
binding (provided you use Axis as the SOAP provider - this is done by
default so you don't have to change anything to enable this).

Take a look at the test for atachments under java/test/mime. Mime.wsdl is
the sample service tested - it has a number of operations involving
exchange of files and images as attachments. Mime.java is the stub for
using the service. MimeImpl.java is the service implementation. MimeTest
is the client that tests the service. Essentially you don't have to do
anything special to use mime types, data handlers are automatically
registered in the type map and WSIF as well as the Axis SOAP provider know
how to deal with them.

Since this is a test, it is designed to exercise the functionality,
provide all kinds of input (including bad input) etc. It is not really
designed to help you learn how to use the attachments support in WSIF. But
it might help.

Nirmal.

Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
12/30/2002 11:57 PM
Please respond to axis-user

        To:     axis-user@xml.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [wsif]-help please!

Ullas Kapadia wrote:

>Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
>
>I am new to WSIF and am trying to play with different types of
>parameters say:
>
>1. XML document
>2. attachments. btw, so we have something like SAAJ for WSIF?
>
>Any suggesstions?Also, how can I handle complex types?

hi,

i am not sure about attachments or XML documents (i think they both are
supported when using AXIS SOAP
provider but we do not have a sample to demonstrate it) however there is a
sample for complex types
(check especially usage of service.mapType()) - please see
java/samples/complexsoap in CVS (or latest
RC1 build).

thanks,

alek

--
"Mr. Pauli, we in the audience are all agreed that your theory is crazy.
What divides us is whether it is crazy enough to be true." Niels H. D.

Re: [wsif]-help please!

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.