Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Juan Amiguet <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/17 17:34:03 UTC

Geronimo web services newbie question

Hi all,

I need some help with the following exception:

17:02:56,289 ERROR [Hot Deployer] Unable to deploy: No servlet mapping for
port {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee}ProvisioningIntf
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: No servlet mapping for port
{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee}ProvisioningIntf

I get it when I deploy a jar with my web services that is build in the
following fashion:

Provisioning.war
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/ProvisioningImplService/
WEB-INF/ProvisioningImplService/myPackage
WEB-INF/lib/
wsdl/
WEB-INF/ProvisioningImplService/myPackage/deploy.wsdd
WEB-INF/ProvisioningImplService/myPackage/deploy.wsdd.bak
WEB-INF/ProvisioningImplService/myPackage/undeploy.wsdd
WEB-INF/ProvisioningIntf-jaxrpc-mapping.xml
WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml
WEB-INF/lib/Provisioning.jar
WEB-INF/lib/axis.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-discovery-0.2.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jaxrpc.jar
WEB-INF/lib/saaj.jar
WEB-INF/lib/wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar
WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/webservices.xml
wsdl/ProvisioningImpl.wsdl

and in the WEB-INF/lib/Provisioning.jar
I have my application with the generated code.
I generate all the wsdl and mappings and so on with wscompile from the
jwsdp-2.0

My aim is to deploy a pojo of mine as a web-service.
I know it can be done because the eclipse wtp plugins manages to get it all
going.

This is what my descriptors look like:

web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app id="Provisioning" version="2.4" xmlns="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
        <display-name>
                ProvisioningImpl
        </display-name>
        <servlet>
                <display-name>
                        Provisioning Servlet automagically from POJO
                </display-name>
                <servlet-name>
                        ProvisioningIntf
                </servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>
                        myPackage.ProvisioningImpl
                </servlet-class>
                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
        </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>
                        ProvisioningIntf
                </servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>
                        /servlet/ProvisioningIntf/
                </url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
        <welcome-file-list>
                <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

geronimo-web.xml

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">
  <dep:environment xmlns:dep="
http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>myGroup</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>ProvisioningIntf</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
      <dep:type>war</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>
    <dep:dependencies>
        <dep:dependency>
           <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
           <dep:artifactId>geronimo-webservices</dep:artifactId>
           <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
        </dep:dependency>
        <dep:dependency>
           <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
           <dep:artifactId>geronimo-axis</dep:artifactId>
           <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
        </dep:dependency>
    </dep:dependencies>
    <dep:hidden-classes/>
    <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
  </dep:environment>
 <context-root>/ProvisioningImpl</context-root>
</web-app>

webservices.xml

<webservices xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
        http://www.ibm.com/webservices/xsd/j2ee_web_services_1_1.xsd"
        version="1.1">
        <webservice-description>

<webservice-description-name>ContentProvisioning</webservice-description-name>
                <wsdl-file>wsdl/ProvisioningImpl.wsdl</wsdl-file>
                <jaxrpc-mapping-file>WEB-INF/ProvisioningIntf-
jaxrpc-mapping.xml</jaxrpc-mapping-file>
                <port-component>

<port-component-name>ProvisioningIntf</port-component-name>
                        <wsdl-port>ProvisioningIntf</wsdl-port>
                        <service-endpoint-interface>
                                myPackage.ProvisioningIntf
                        </service-endpoint-interface>
                        <service-impl-bean>

<servlet-link>/servlet/ProvisioningIntf/</servlet-link>
                        </service-impl-bean>
                </port-component>
        </webservice-description>
</webservices>

Inside the Provisioning. jar I also have in the META-INF the following:

application.xml
<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd" version="1.4">

  <description>Deployment descriptor for the application</description>
    <display-name>Provisioning Application</display-name>

    <module>
       <java>Provisioning.jar</java>
    </module>

    <module>
        <web>
             <web-uri>/servlet/ProvisioningIntf/</web-uri>
             <context-root>Provisioning</context-root>
        </web>
    </module>

</application>

and geronimo-application.xml
<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application">
   <environment>
        <moduleId>
                <groupId>myGroup</groupId>
                <artifactId>ProvisioningIntf</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
        </moduleId>
        <hidden-classes/>
        <non-overridable-classes/>
   </environment>
</application>

I must be missing something but I am not sure what.
Anything obvious?

Thanking you in advance.
--
Where is my mind?

Re: Geronimo web services newbie question

Posted by Juan Amiguet <ja...@gmail.com>.
Got it sorted a few hours later... the name for the servlet class was not
the right one doughhhh
Too much time in front of a computer does things to your mind in bad bad
ways.

Thanks for the link to the sample application it really did help.

Now on to Hibernate for the same project.
Any one got any good pointers?

Thanks for the help.

Posted by Juan Amiguet <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lasantha,