Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by "M. Goodell" <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/23 00:21:42 UTC

AXIOM Tutorial Grammatical Error

I believe there are grammatical errors in the AXIOM tutorial.

  In this section where the word, "differed" is used I believe you meant to say, "deferred"

  The word "differed" does not make sense in that context.

  Just thought you might like to know.

  OM is a lightweight, differed built XML info set representation based on StAX (JSR 173), which is the standard streaming pull parser API. The object model can be manipulated as flexibly as any other object model (Such as JDOM), but underneath the objects will be created only when they are absolutely required. This leads to much less memory intensive programming. Following is a short feature overview of OM.

   Lightweight: OM is specifically targeted to be lightweight. This is achieved by reducing the depth of the hierarchy, number of methods and the attributes enclosed in the objects. This makes the objects less memory intensive.
   Differed building: By far this is the most important feature of OM. The objects are not made unless a need arises for them. This passes the control of building over to the object model itself rather than an external builder.
   Pull based: For a differed building mechanism a pull based parser is required. OM is based on StAX, the standard pull parser API.

Re: AXIOM Tutorial Grammatical Error

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Fixed and thanks for pointing that out.

-- Chinthaka