Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sr...@tcs.com on 2005/12/14 13:41:53 UTC

return value problem with attachments.

Hi,
 I am facing a problem in sending attachments (MIME)from a webservice. Can
any body help me with this..

GetFile and Copyfile functions that i implemented send files to the client
system as attachments and
also return the status of the call in a string as return value.

The problem that I am facing  is the string returned by above
functions is null when there are attachments to be sent to client system.
All the functional requirements are met
in the above case. If I remove the attachments the system works fine and
the client is able to receive all the strings that are returned by the
functions.

When I try to debug the code I see a valid and correct value assigned to

the variable that is being returned from the above functions.

I have upgraded Axis from 1.1 to 1.2Rc2 to see if the problem is fixed in

higher versions . But still I have the same problem.

I have searched over the net for a solution and found postings with
similar problem but did not see any reply to solve the same.

Can you please suggest what could be the problem and how to solve it.

Thanks & Regards
Srikanth Sri Vatsavayee
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: srikanth.srivatsavayee@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you