Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2002/12/29 23:58:20 UTC

[Validator] Client-side works, but not server-side

I have the following defined in validation.xml:

      <form name="userForm">

              <field property="username"
                     depends="required,email">
                  <msg
                    name="required"
                    key="errors.required"/>
                  <msg
                    name="email"
                    key="errors.email"/>

                  <arg0 key="userForm.username"/>
              </field>

      </form>

And this works great for prompting me with client-side validation, but
when I turn off Javascript to test server-side validation, I get
nothing.  Any ideas?  I'm using inputForward="true" on my <controller>,
but I changed to be a regular path to "/editProfile.do" and still I get
no server-side validation.  Here is my action-mapping:

<action path="/saveUser" type="org.appfuse.webapp.actions.UserAction"
  name="userForm" scope="session" input="/userProfile.do"
  parameter="action" unknown="false" validate="true"/>

Any ideas?  I'm fairly confident that I have things configured
correctly, as the client-side validation works.  Suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt