Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Max Pfingsthorn <m....@hippo.nl> on 2005/07/14 12:13:46 UTC

[cforms] convenience functions in flowscript event handlers?

Hi!

I'm getting to know cforms better everyday and I am very impressed. Currently, I am implementing a translation from schema to cforms. One constraint, which is already taken care of in cforms, is event handling. However, since I autogenerate widget IDs, I need to abstract the calls to event.source.lookupWidget() to include transformation of the names. Is there any way how I can define those convenience functions (e.g. lookup(event,'../../some/path')) once and use them in those flowscript snippets in <fd:on-value-changed/>, for example? Can I just include them in the sitemap like usual or are those scripts run in a different context?

Best regards,

Max Pfingsthorn

Hippo

Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466
m.pfingsthorn@hippo.nl / www.hippo.nl

Re: [cforms] convenience functions in flowscript event handlers?

Posted by "Carlos M. S. Bento Nogueira" <cm...@student.dei.uc.pt>.
Hi!
Check these code snippets from the DreamTeamExample
on webapps\cocoon\samples\blocks\forms\dreamteam

   <fd:on-value-changed>
   <fd:javascript>
   // this script can be found in team.js
    updateNameWidget(event);
   </fd:javascript>
   </fd:on-value-changed>

function updateNameWidget(event) {
   var value = event.source.value;
   var memberIdwidget = event.source.lookupWidget("myWidget");
}

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
CarlosN.

Re: [cforms] convenience functions in flowscript event handlers?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@anyware-tech.com>.
* Max Pfingsthorn:

> Is there  any way how  I can define those  convenience functions
> (e.g.  lookup(event,'../../some/path'))  once  and use  them  in
> those   flowscript  snippets   in  <fd:on-value-changed/>,   for
> example? Can I  just include them  in the sitemap like  usual or
> are those scripts run in a different context?

Just declare plain flowscript functions  in a script loaded by the
sitemap.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Systèmes d'Information