Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com> on 2011/12/23 08:12:09 UTC

[EXPERIMENT] Integrate imap into protocols

Hi there,

as I have some spare time next week (at least it seems like that at moment
but who knows ;)) I want to start an experiment. I want to try to merge the
imap code base into the protocols project as module. I think this makes a
lot of sense, as our protocols api should be flexible enough for this.
Beside this all other protocol implementations are in there like POP3, SMTP
and LMTP. So adding IMAP would by just make sense ;)

For this I will create a branch and work in there as I'm almost sure it
will need some love and I don't want to mess with it in trunk now that we
are so close to 1.6.0 release in Protocols. Once the merge is done and
works I plan to cut a 2.0 release as I expect to need some api changes too.
If we don't need api changes we can just release it as 1.7.0.

Any comments ?

Norman

Re: [EXPERIMENT] Integrate imap into protocols

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Ok, I see why there's RC1 in the last vote.
Should we wait on 1.6.0 final before announcing on website...?
Thx,
Eric

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.