Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/18 21:50:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 8.0.2

Hi folks,

I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 8.0.2 RC1.
Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/8.0.2-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1206

The new version brings a number of improvements and bug fixes.
You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12348808

Kind Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your project pom the staging repo as below:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1206</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 8.0.2

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 18/10/2020 10:50 pm, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 8.0.2 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/8.0.2-rc1/

+1, verified checksum and signature, built from source including tests
(!SpnegoAuthenticatorTest,!InMemoryDatabaseTestBase as with previous
release), installed configured and ran qpid::messaging c++ client
against it as well as proton python examples.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 8.0.2

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Built successfully from source bundle
* Ran successfully unit and integration tests using default profile and JDK8
* Started broker
* Created queue via web management console
* Published and received test messages using JMS client for AMQP 1.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 8.0.2

Posted by Dedeepya T <de...@gmail.com>.
+1
I have verified the below:
- Verified the signature + checksum files.
- Started a broker using the binary archive, created queue with the web management console.
- Ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld example against the broker and posted 10 messages to the queue.
- verified the Rest API

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I updated the JIRA to reflect the commit being in 8.0.2 and 7.1.10.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

I checked things out as so:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to check headers in the source archive.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files present in the archives.
- Ran the build+tests with "mvn clean verify -DskipITs=false" on JDK 8.
- Started broker from the binary archive and created a queue using the
  web management console on JDK 8.
- Ran Qpid JMS 0.54.0 HelloWorld example against the broker on JDK 8.