Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/04/02 14:20:10 UTC

Re: Unit Tests Failed

Is "chmod" in your path?

On Mar 28, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Túlio wrote:

> [...]
>        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)
>        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)
>        ... 41 more
>

> Grant Ingersoll-6 wrote:
>>
>> Hi Túlio,
>>
>> Inline below
>> On Mar 28, 2009, at 12:11 AM, Túlio wrote:
>>

>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> i am trying to compile mahout using Netbeans. Installed the plugins
>>> and
>>> everything seems to work fine and I am able to compile the whole
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> However, some tests have errors, exceptions that are not correctly
>>> handled
>>> (and this seems to prevent the .jar file to be created for the
>>> Mahout core
>>> target of the pom file - i am not familiar with maven :S)
>>>
>>> The tests that are getting errors are:
>>>
>>> Running org.apache.mahout.ga.watchmaker.MahoutEvaluatorTest
>>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 1.093 sec
>>> <<< FAILURE!
>>>
>>> Running org.apache.mahout.clustering.dirichlet.TestMapReduce
>>> Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 4.266 sec
>>> <<< FAILURE!
>>>
>>> Running org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering
>>> Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 1.156 sec
>>> <<< FAILURE!
>>>
>>> Running org.apache.mahout.clustering.meanshift.TestMeanShift
>>> Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 2.203 sec
>>> <<< FAILURE!
>>>
>>> I am getting the following exception:
>>>
>>> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "chmod": CreateProcess
>>> error=2, O
>>> sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado (The system can't
>>> find the
>>> specified file)
>>>
>>> Does this have anything to do with the fact that i am trying to run
>>> it on
>>> Windows?
>>
>> Can you give more of the stack trace?  I haven't run on Windows, but
>> by the looks of it you need to have "chmod" in your path, which
>> likely
>> means you need to have Cygwin or something similar installed.  This
>> is
>> likely a Hadoop issue on Windows, but please post more so we can
>> confirm.
>>

>>> How do I get it to work (and generate the .jar file so i can run the
>>> samples)? the .jar file should be in the mahout\core\build folder
>>> after
>>> build, right?
>>
>> Hopefully, http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/buildingmahout.html should
>> help.
>>>

>>> Sorry for the silly question, i am just trying to get this to work.
>>> We have
>>> a bayesian decision system that using Netica-J and I am looking for

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: Unit Tests Failed

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
And are you running all this from within a Cygwin bash shell? Installing
Cygwin by itself won't affect the windows shell.

On Apr 2, 2009 7:20 PM, "Grant Ingersoll" <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

Is "chmod" in your path?

On Mar 28, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Túlio wrote: > > hello there, > > first of all
thanks for the respo...
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using