Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jon * <jo...@clearink.com> on 2000/04/10 22:19:57 UTC

updating the website

on 4/10/00 1:06 PM, Craig R. McClanahan <Cr...@eng.sun.com>
wrote:

> Sam,
>
> Patching the website is actually a little bit wierd.  Here's the steps:
> * Edit the "htsrc" version of the page, not the "html" version.
> * Run the "buildsite.sh" script to rebuild all the "html" pages (poor
> man's template processing).
> * Check in both versions.
> * If you didn't do this on locus, you have to also make the changes
> visible by "cd /www/jakarta.apache.org" and doing a "cvs update".
>
> Craig

Not to entirely bash Sam, but this is *actually* something that was
documented in the README document at the top level of the site. :-) I just
added Craig's instructions to make things clearer.

-jon

--
Scarab -
      Java Servlet Based - Open Source

Re: updating the website

Posted by jon * <jo...@clearink.com>.
on 4/10/00 2:10 PM, Craig R. McClanahan <Cr...@eng.sun.com>
wrote:

> It's especially hard to bash Sam when he wasn't even updating the site -- he
> was updating a page in jakarta-tomcat.  :-)  Not enough coffee when I wrote
> that message.
>
> Craig

Here is the funny thing...

I made the same mistake on the first commit message. I saw it before you
did. I *was* going to say something, but I figured you would. Then, you did!

Luckily, I kept my mouth shut. ;-)

Joke.

Either way, I think that both of us are sorry Sam.

-jon

Re: updating the website

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.