Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Wim Kerkhoff <wi...@merilus.com> on 2001/01/12 01:20:40 UTC

Execute error return value

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a intranet portal thang, and have set up a framework that
uses Execute to load the various components. That way, various
developers can be working on the different objects and the look and feel
of the page.  The code for index.epl is below.

I created a similiar system a while ago, where reporting "objects" (raw
embperl code) were pulled from an Oracle database, executed, and printed
out in a cell in a table. If one of the objects had an error, the rest
of the objects would still be executed and displayed. Just the one cell
would contain the Embperl error message. This was a Apache::Registry CGI
that grabbed the embperl code and Executed it, then printed out the
results.

My question is... how can I get the same behaviour in my intranet portal
code below? with optDisableEmbperlErrorPage, I get a blank cell, or
whatever was returned until the error in the links.part code.  I'd
prefer to see the embperl errors in the cell than have to tail the error
log...

Thanks everyone.

[- Execute ('inc/header.inc') -]
[- $optDisableEmbperlErrorPage = 1 -]

    [- Execute ('inc/boxhead.inc', 'Links') -]
    [- Execute ('parts/links.part') -]
    [- Execute ('inc/boxfoot.inc') -]
    [- Execute ('inc/boxhead.inc', 'Chatter') -]
    [- Execute ('parts/chatter.part') -]
    [- Execute ('inc/boxfoot.inc') -]

[- Execute ('inc/footer.inc') -]

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
Merilus, Inc.
wim@merilus.com

Re: Execute error return value

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> > > My question is... how can I get the same behaviour in my intranet
portal
> > > code below?
> >
> > You can try to reset the http status, just before the end of the request
> > (after executeing the footer)
> >
> > $req_rec -> status (200) ;
> >
> > but I am not sure if this works.
>
> Nope, it didn't work.

I fear, then it wouldn't work without patching Embperl....

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151

Re: Execute error return value

Posted by Wim Kerkhoff <wi...@merilus.com>.