Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/11 00:14:35 UTC

Continuum on vmbuild

FYI, I removed the 1.2.x branch from CI on vmbuild.  As far as I know,
only the data management bits need another release, so no point in
taking up space.  The 1.3.x branch could be added, I haven't done it
yet.

Now I'm trying to get a good export of the vmbuild data with the
data-management 1.2.3.1 jar.  ISTR having problems last time I tried
this, but we'll see.  It would be nice to get vmbuild upgraded to
1.3.2 and enable parallel builds, or see about setting up some agents
for distributed build.

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum on vmbuild

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> added - try now

Thanks!  It got a little further this time:

20:56:54,392 INFO
[org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.FirefoxChromeLauncher]
Preparing Firefox profile...
(firefox-bin:7544): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
20:57:16,380 ERROR [org.openqa.selenium.server.BrowserSessionFactory]
Failed to start new browser session, shutdown browser and clear all
session data
java.lang.RuntimeException: Timed out waiting for profile to be created!

More here:  http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResult.action?buildId=186870&projectId=2284

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum on vmbuild

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
added - try now

Re: Continuum on vmbuild

Re: Continuum on vmbuild

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, I removed the 1.2.x branch from CI on vmbuild.  As far as I know,
> only the data management bits need another release, so no point in
> taking up space.  The 1.3.x branch could be added, I haven't done it
> yet.

I'm also deleting old build results in the Continuum project and
thinking about doing it across the board with xmlrpc so the
backup/restore won't take so long.

(Except that I think there's an issue open that says deleting with
xml-rpc only deletes the build output and not the database record.)

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum on vmbuild

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
Continuum on vmbuild has been upgraded to 1.3.3-SNAPSHOT r774495 to
pick up some recent fixes.

It's *much* happier.  (As in, it actually builds stuff now. :) )

I used the instructions at the bottom of
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/vmbuild/Managing+Continuum
.  (I also added a second build queue to the hourly and 4-times-a-day
schedules.)

--
Wendy