Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Coty Sutherland <cs...@apache.org> on 2019/03/01 19:00:13 UTC

Re: Git migration read for testing

The email notifications work for when we push commits to the repository,
but it looks like we're missing emails when PRs are opened.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2019-03-01 um 21:50 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> On 01/03/2019 19:54, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 01/03/2019 19:00, Coty Sutherland wrote:
>>> The email notifications work for when we push commits to the repository,
>>> but it looks like we're missing emails when PRs are opened.
>>
>> ACK. I'll talk to infra.
>
> Fixed.
>
> FYI we have the option to route commits to one location and PRs +
> comments to another. At the moment, everything goes to dev@
>
> Some projects have separate commits@ and notifications@ lists (and
> possibly issues@ as well).
>
> Personally, I like it all in one place and tend to filter everything
> into a single folder anyway. But I wanted to mention that the option was
> there.

I'd opt for commits to commits@ and PRs to dev@. For those who'd like
of traffic not necessarily related to dev discusssions.

Michael

Re: Git migration read for testing

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/03/2019 20:58, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 9:50 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> ACK. I'll talk to infra.
>>
>> Fixed.
>>

> Looks like it :)
>

>> FYI we have the option to route commits to one location and PRs +
>> comments to another. At the moment, everything goes to dev@
>>
>> Some projects have separate commits@ and notifications@ lists (and
>> possibly issues@ as well).
>>
>> Personally, I like it all in one place and tend to filter everything
>> into a single folder anyway. But I wanted to mention that the option was
>> there.
>>

> It is true other projects may have more mailing lists, but I'm not
> convinced right now.
>
> BTW, I made a commit on github one hour ago, but it still isn't on gitbox.
> Isn't this bad ?

Infra have been dealing with some abusive traffic to Gitbox. It got
behind. I think I can manually sync it. Let me look. Yes, I can. Done.
Hmm. I might need to manually trigger the commit mails...

Mark

Re: Git migration read for testing

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 9:50 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 01/03/2019 19:54, Mark Thomas wrote:
> > On 01/03/2019 19:00, Coty Sutherland wrote:
> >> The email notifications work for when we push commits to the repository,
> >> but it looks like we're missing emails when PRs are opened.
> >
> > ACK. I'll talk to infra.
>
> Fixed.

Looks like it :)

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.