Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi)" <zr...@avaya.com> on 2007/06/10 18:21:21 UTC

Install/deploy a project with a single file

Hi,
I have a project with only a single xml file.
What should I define in the pom.xml file so that it will be installed
and deployed?
Thanks

Re: Install/deploy a project with a single file

Posted by Christian Kalkhoff <me...@ninan.info>.
Hi,

depends largely on what you want to deploy it as. As a JAR or a RAR
(Resource Archive) or something else. Look at the maven plugin page
for plugins resembling your artifact type.

Regards,

Christian

Am 10.06.2007 um 18:21 schrieb Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi):

> Hi,
> I have a project with only a single xml file.
> What should I define in the pom.xml file so that it will be installed
> and deployed?
> Thanks

Christian Kalkhoff <me...@ninan.info>
Softwareentwickler und Administrator
http://ninan.info
http://www.kalkhoff.net

Re: Install/deploy a project with a single file

Posted by "Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez" <na...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Wow, I never thought a project could consist only of a single xml file.
Anyway, I assume that it is a java-related project, so suggest that you
package it as a resource (relocate it in ${basedir}/src/main/resources) and
package it as a jar file.  You can use a simple pom.xml (containing only the
modelVersion, groupId, artifactId, version) that way.

Cheers!
Nap

Posted by "Vandermeeren, Jo" <Jo...@ordina.be>.
Hi,

Just wrap it up as a jar-packaged module, put the xml in src/main/resources
and you should be fine.
Remember to lookup the xml file via the classpath.

Cheers
Jo

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Looks like you need to create a custom extension:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

Eric

On 6/12/07, Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi) <zr...@avaya.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for your answers,
> Some comments:
> 1. The single file is used by different projects, this is the reason I
> want it to be in a separate project.
> 2. I don't want it to be packaged, but I want it to be as is.
> Zvi

Eric Redmond
http://www.sonatype.com

RE: Install/deploy a project with a single file

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.