Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de> on 2010/07/29 13:02:29 UTC

Solr Indexing slows down

Hi,

I am indexing a solr 1.4.0 core and commiting gets slower and slower.
Starting from 3-5 seconds for ~200 documents and ending with over 60
seconds after 800 commits. Then, if I reloaded the index, it is as fast
as before! And today I have read a similar thread [1] and indeed: if I
set autowarming for the caches to 0 the slowdown disappears.

BUT at the same time I would like to offer searching on that core, which
would be dramatically slowed down (due to no autowarming).

Does someone know a better solution to avoid index-slow-down?

Regards,
Peter.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg20785.html

Re: Solr Indexing slows down

Posted by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de>.
Thanks Otis, for this clarification!

That means I will have to descrease the commit frequency to speed up
indexing.
How could I do this if I don't want to introduce an artificial delay
time? ... via increasing the batch size?

Today I have read in another thread[1] that one should univert the
field? What is it and how can I do this?

Regards,
Peter.

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg36113.html