Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Woschitz, Janosch" <Ja...@thinkbiganalytics.com> on 2017/11/14 10:01:01 UTC

Current state of Kafka processors

Hi,

I saw the following notice on the current documentation for the PublishKafka and ConsumeKafka processors:

"Please note there are cases where the publisher can get into an indefinite stuck state. We are closely monitoring how this evolves in the Kafka community and will take advantage of those fixes as soon as we can. In the mean time it is possible to enter states where the only resolution will be to restart the JVM NiFi runs on.”

I was unable to find related and unresolved JIRA issues and was wondering if this is still an issue in NiFi 1.4.0?

Could somebody provide more insights into the current state?

Thanks,
Janosch

Re: Current state of Kafka processors

Posted by "Woschitz, Janosch" <Ja...@thinkbiganalytics.com>.
Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for the explanation, this was also my assumption by looking at the code, though I assumed I missed something.

I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4623 and added a simple PR which just removes the warning in the doc comments for the newer Kafka processors.

Regards,
Janosch

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.