Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Swanthe Lindgren <sw...@megasol.se> on 2010/06/28 11:08:07 UTC

OutOfMemoryError with lots of unit tests

Hello
Has someone got any good tips about performing lots of render tests? We
are using TestNG and maven/surefire test runner which results in
OutOfMemoryError for our about 500 tests, where each test tries to
render a page or panel. After a bit of redesigning our test classes and
call WicketTester.destroy()  after each test, we were able to run about
50 more tests, but now we are back at OutOfMemoryError.

//Swanthe

Re: OutOfMemoryError with lots of unit tests

Posted by Zilvinas Vilutis <ci...@gmail.com>.
perTest is deprecated I think, you should use "always" - although it adds
additional time for each test run.

Žilvinas Vilutis

Mobile:   (+370) 652 38353
E-mail:   cikasfm@gmail.com

Posted by Swanthe Lindgren <sw...@megasol.se>.
Thank you, it works

//Swanthe

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.
Hi,

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Try this as args:

-Xms356m
-Xmx1024m
-XX:MaxPermSize=356m
-XX:HeapDumpPath=c:/temp
-Xss1024k

Also you can reuse Application instance etc.

**
Martin