Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Isaac Kunz <fk...@coh.org> on 2021/01/07 22:52:02 UTC

Job status stuck in terminating

I have a job that is stuck in terminating for 12 hrs. it is a small test job and I am wondering if there is a way to fix this? The job ran once and completed 175k documents. I modified the query to the job and reseeded. The job was modified to process a smaller document set. I assume reseeding will allow the same documents to be indexed. I do not need the metadata for this job so if needed I could clear it via db if I knew how. I am a new user.
Thanks,
Isaac

-SECURITY/CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING-

This message and any attachments are intended solely for the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This communication may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law (e.g., personal health information, research data, financial information). Because this e-mail has been sent without encryption, individuals other than the intended recipient may be able to view the information, forward it to others or tamper with the information without the knowledge or consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you received the communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and deleting the message and any accompanying files from your system. If, due to the security risks, you do not wish to receive further communications via e-mail, please reply to this message and inform the sender that you do not wish to receive further e-mail from the sender. (LCP301)

Re: Job status stuck in terminating

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Usually the reason a job doesn't complete is because a document is retrying
indefinitely.  You can see what's going on by looking at the Simple History
job report, or, if you prefer, tailing the manifoldcf log.

Other times a job won't complete because somebody shut down the agents
process.  But that is not the answer for the simple example single-process
deployment.

Karl

Posted by Isaac Kunz <fk...@coh.org>.
I have a job that is stuck in terminating for 12 hrs. it is a small test job and I am wondering if there is a way to fix this? The job ran once and completed 175k documents. I modified the query to the job and reseeded. The job was modified to process a smaller document set. I assume reseeding will allow the same documents to be indexed. I do not need the metadata for this job so if needed I could clear it via db if I knew how. I am a new user.

  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
29192 root      20   0 11.991g 4.206g  29136 S   0.7 13.5 101:02.08 /usr/bin/java -Xms4096M -Xmx8192M -jar /opt/manifold/apache-manifoldcf-2.17/example/start.jar
  795 root      20   0  305112   6200   4808 S   0.3  0.0  75:56.82 /usr/bin/vmtoolsd
32652 postgres  20   0  237348  30456  27420 S   0.3  0.1   0:11.41 postgres: manifoldcf dbname 127.0.0.1(60486) idle
The java process running manifold is also frozen. Any suggestions for recovery?

Thanks,
Isaac