Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jamshed Katta <ja...@wwindia.com> on 2011/06/11 09:36:42 UTC

Can't deploy Maven jar (MDB) on Jboss 6

I am using jboss6, message driven bean, hibernate and maven2 in my
application when i try to compile my mdb using maven2 and deploy on jboss6 i
get the following error:

Failed to create Resource MessageBean.jar - cause:
java.lang.Exception:Failed to start deployment
[vfs:///opt/jboss6/server/default/deploy/MessageBean.jar] during deployment
of 'MessageBean.jar' - cause:
java.lang.RuntimeException:org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException:
Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):
DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES: Deployment
"jboss.j2ee:jar=MessageBean.jar,name=MessageBean,service=EJB3" is missing
the following dependencies: Dependency "interface
org.jboss.ejb3.timerservice.spi.TimerServiceFactory" (should be in state
"Installed", but is actually in state "Instantiated") DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
Deployment "interface org.jboss.ejb3.timerservice.spi.TimerServiceFactory"
is in error due to the following reason(s): Instantiated ->
org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException:Summary of
incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): DEPLOYMENTS
MISSING DEPENDENCIES: Deployment
"jboss.j2ee:jar=MessageBean.jar,name=MessageBean,service=EJB3" is missing
the following dependencies: Dependency "interface
org.jboss.ejb3.timerservice.spi.TimerServiceFactory" (should be in state
"Installed", but is actually in state "Instantiated") DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
Deployment "interface org.jboss.ejb3.timerservice.spi.TimerServiceFactory"
is in error due to the following reason(s): Instantiated

Here is my pom.xml

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>com.mycompany</groupId>
    <artifactId>MessageBean</artifactId>
    <packaging>ejb</packaging>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <name>MessageBean Java EE 6 EJB</name>
    <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>log4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.12</version>
        </dependency>
         <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jboss.ejb3</groupId>
            <artifactId>jboss-ejb3-timerservice-spi</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.4</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
            <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
            <version>3.0</version>
            <type>jar</type>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jboss.ejb3</groupId>
            <artifactId>jboss-ejb3-ext-api</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>jcl-over-slf4j</artifactId>
            <version>1.5.6</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
            <version>1.5.6</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax</groupId>
            <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
          <version>6.0</version>
           <type>jar</type>
           <scope>provided</scope>

        </dependency>
       <dependency>
            <groupId>javax</groupId>
            <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
            <version>6.0</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>3.8.2</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

    </dependencies>

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>java.net2</id>
            <name>Java.Net Maven2 Repository, hosts the javaee-api
dependency</name>
            <url>http://download.java.net/maven/2</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
            <id>jboss-public-repository-group</id>
            <name>JBoss Public Maven Repository Group</name>

<url>https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/</url>
            <layout>default</layout>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
            </snapshots>
        </repository>
        <repository>
            <id>jboss</id>
            <url>http://repository.jboss.com/maven2</url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </repository>
        <repository>
            <id>jboss-snapshot</id>
            <url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </repository>
    </repositories>
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.0.2</version>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.6</source>
                    <target>1.6</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.1</version>
                <configuration>
                    <ejbVersion>3.1</ejbVersion>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.3.2</version>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.6</source>
                    <target>1.6</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.5</source>
                    <target>1.5</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.0</version>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
        <finalName>MessageBean</finalName>
    </build>
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>endorsed</id>
            <activation>
                <property>
                    <name>sun.boot.class.path</name>
                </property>
            </activation>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <version>2.0.2</version>
                        <dependencies>
                            <dependency>
                                <groupId>javax</groupId>
                                <artifactId>javaee-endorsed-api</artifactId>
                                <version>6.0</version>
                            </dependency>
                        </dependencies>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>
            </build>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
</project>

I am not using ejb3 timer in my application as of now

What seems to be the problem ? please help :(

Re: Can't deploy Maven jar (MDB) on Jboss 6

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Just to help you clean up your pom: You have some old Jboss repos declared
([1] and [2]). They should be removed.

/Anders

[1] http://repository.jboss.com/maven2
[2] http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2

Posted by Jamshed Katta <ja...@wwindia.com>.
Thanks Mark,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
hi!

The message you see has nothing to do with maven but with the JBoss deployer. I'd check if the mentioned class is available somewhere in your JBoss installation.

In any case 'org.jboss.ejb3.timerservice.spi.TimerServiceFactory' sounds like an internal JBoss class. Maybe there is an OSGi problem?

Reporting this on the JBoss forum/Jira seems the way to go.

LieGrue,
strub