Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by ro...@theaegis.org on 2005/01/29 07:43:31 UTC

Prioritize the iBATIS Java Roadmap

Quoting Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>:

<snip>
> in the road map. I didn't want to steal roberto's thunder and figured
> he'd spin off with a thread about prioritizing the roadmap. If we'd
> rather talk about it in this thread that is fine. But, i think it
> would get more specific attention in another thread.

LOL!  Ask and ye shall receive...

Here's the content of road-map.txt:

                      Road Map

2.1
  Ease of Use
      - <generate> tag for CRUD methods
  Object Oriented
      - Inheritance via selects or joins (same as groups)

2.2
  Ease of Use
      - Improved configuration API and logging
      - Pluggable SQL Scripting languages
  Flexibility
      - Override/extend mapped statements (i.e. reuse SQL;
overrides="statementName")
      - Constructor and field based results
  Performance
      - Cache dependency on other cache (flush-on-dependant)
      - Flush cache at specific time (e.g. 22:30)
  Database Support
      - Save point support
      - Add true autocommit support (mostly for SYBASE procs)

Roberto

Re: Prioritize the iBATIS Java Roadmap

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hey Vic,

No worries.  We're not taking away the XML.  We are simply introducing
a new Dynamic SQL syntax.  If your DBAs can handle the new stuff,
great.  If not, then they can stick with the old stuff.  In most
projects, competent developers (DBA or otherwise) will be writing the
SQL, so we have to take care of the majority.

As for JDO, that's got a big -1 from me.  JDO is the ugliest thing
walking the O/R planet if you ask me.  I'd choose Hibernate or TopLink
over JDO, without question.

Clinton

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@friendvu.com>.

Posted by Siveton Vincent <vi...@gmail.com>.
If you need to assess other open source Job Schedulers, please consider the
following list:
http://java-source.net/open-source/job-schedulers

Sincerely,

Vincent

Posted by roberto <ro...@theaegis.org>.
Very cool!  Thanks for the tip!

Roberto

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
RE: Brandon's proposal

Posted by roberto <ro...@theaegis.org>.

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
So if dynamic sql is worthy of it's own release. Would it be a 2.2 and
then push the current 2.2 to 2.3. Or would we make dynasql a 2.3
release thing after we get the pluggable sql scripting language hooks
in place.

Perhaps we move "- Pluggable SQL Scripting languages" into the 2.1 and
put dynasql enhancments in 2.3.

I'm easy on this subject. I just thought dyna sql would be more of a priority.

Brandon

Posted by roberto <ro...@theaegis.org>.

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.