Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org> on 2018/01/09 00:00:18 UTC

Re: Is it possible to use the server address as the host address?

Hello Shafique-

The issue has been fixed in 3.5 and there are some issues that need to be taken into account regarding backwards compatibility if we are to fix this on the 3.4 line.

Thanks,
Abe

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
MG>what abe has suggested is a vendor-specific solution with a hefty pricetag

MG>if you're closer to "low-budget solution" (AKA free) look at implementing BIND:
https://www.isc.org/downloads/bind/

BIND Open Source DNS Server | Internet Systems Consortium<https://www.isc.org/downloads/bind/>
www.isc.org
BIND is open source software that enables you to publish your Domain Name System (DNS) information on the Internet, and to resolve DNS queries for your users.

https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01392/77/Windows-zip-files-for-BIND-9.html

MG>if your willing to go with a Microsoft specific solution then Microsoft DNS Server is your solution (again vendor specific)
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730921(v=ws.11).aspx
DNS - technet.microsoft.com<https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730921(v=ws.11).aspx>
technet.microsoft.com
Domain Name System (DNS) is the name resolution protocol for TCP/IP networks, such as the Internet. A DNS server hosts the information that enables client computers ...

Posted by Shafique Jamal <sh...@gmail.com>.