Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Ignacio Andreu <pl...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/25 10:08:27 UTC

Is Apache OpenJPA interested in SoC?

Hi all,

Last year I participated in the Google Summer of Code program with Apache
OpenJPA, this year the SoC is already open and Apache is a mentoring
organization again. I'm not a student and I can't participate as student
but, in my opinion, OpenJPA could be a great place to contribute for some
students, at least the last year was an amazing experience for me.

Is anyone interested to participate as a mentor? A good way to recluit
student should be the Apache SoC WIKI[1] March 31 is the deathline to the
student proposal. IMHO it will be a great oportunity to involve new
contributors.

Cheers,

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008

Re: Is Apache OpenJPA interested in SoC?

Posted by "Ali H. Ibrahim" <ai...@cs.utexas.edu>.
Hi,

I am moderately interested in implementing a connector from OpenJPA to
Autofetch and maybe implementing some smarter fetch policies. Is there
any interest in implementing something like that for SoC?

Regards,

Ali Ibrahim
Autofetch <http://www.cs.utexas.edu/%7Eaibrahim/autofetch>

Posted by Ignacio Andreu <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Google has extended the student deadline to April 7, 2008.

Posted by Ignacio Andreu <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,