Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Koci <Ma...@aura.cz> on 2007/08/30 12:19:53 UTC

[Trinidad] SimpleSelectOneRenderer.getSubmittedValue bug?

Hello,

why has SimpleSelectOneRenderer such implementation of
getSubmittedValue:

Object submittedValue = super.getSubmittedValue(context,
                                                    component,
                                                    clientId);
if (submittedValue == null)
   submittedValue = "";

return submittedValue;

The suspicious part is : submittedValue = ""  - it leads to
processUpdates on CoreSelectOneChoice, because not-null submitted value
means "component is in request"

See UIXEditableValue.validate(FacesContext):

    // Submitted value == null means "the component was not submitted
    // at all";  validation should not continue
    Object submittedValue = getSubmittedValue();
    if (submittedValue == null)
      return;

It this a bug?

Regards,

Martin Kočí

Re: [Trinidad] SimpleSelectOneRenderer.getSubmittedValue bug?

Posted by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com>.
I don't think it's a bug, for example required validation will not run
if you return null.

Thanks,

Gabrielle