Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Patrick <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/17 01:54:07 UTC

how to autogen a primary key instead of passing it in?

I have a Java service that creates a Facility.  Right now I specify
the primary key (facilityId) manually.  I would like the database to
automatically provide me with next available integer to use as the
primary key.   How can I accomplish this in my java service?

UtilMisc.toMap(	"facilityId", (Object)facilityId);  //right now I am
passing in the pk but I want an automatically gen'd pk

Thank you very much in advance,
Patrick

Re: how to autogen a primary key instead of passing it in?

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Patrick,

Something like this should do the trick:
nextFacilityId = delegator.getNextSeqId("Facility");

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com